The following document outlines your key responsibilities & duties inclusive of the skill set required. The list is not exhaustive. As your career progresses within Hepstar we will expect you to grow and develop in your role. Any major changes in your Job Description will be noted. Your Job Description combined with your Key Performance Areas/Indicators will provide you with a guide of your expected level of performance.
|Job title||Sales and Marketing Intern|
|Reporting into||Sales and Marketing Manager|
Purpose of the role:
The Sales and Marketing Intern will have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to ignite and sustain key relationships. We are looking for a self-starter with attention to detail and an entrepreneurial spirit who will assist with driving sales for Hepstar.
- Assists with the generation of leads and client prospecting efforts;
- Assists with maintaining and growing client relationships on a local and global scale;
- Assists with preparing sales presentations by compiling data; developing presentation formats and materials;
- Assists with preparing client proposals;
- Assists with preparing business cases and estimates new revenue opportunities for prospective clients;
- Maintains records of former, existing and potential clients, including status of current prospecting efforts and follow-up action items;
- Monitors the statistics of his/her sales accounts and actively manages follow-ups;
- Assists with the preparations for local and international conferences including prospecting, meeting scheduling and making travel arrangements for other Hepstar team members;
- Maintains extensive knowledge of the travel ancillary market conditions (including technology changes and customer behaviour) and identifies new business opportunities;
- Continuous industry research and competitor analysis;
- Assists in driving social media presence and report on all post analytics;
- Assists with marketing and PR initiatives, as well as event arrangements.
- Relevant degree (or currently in process of obtaining relevant degree);
- Post-graduate degree to your advantage;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially MS PowerPoint.
- RSA residence
- Three year national diploma or degree
- Currently not permanently employed
- Understanding of insurance environment and/or travel / aviation industry would be advantageous.
Sales job characteristics:
- Entrepreneurial mindset;
- Quick learner with experience in sales tracking tools;
- Ability to work within a globally dispersed team and report into a manager based overseas;
- Ability to work within a team-oriented environment;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Experience in a sales and customer relationship environment;
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills;
- Passion for the ecommerce and travel industry.
We look for individuals who are dynamic and hard working. We are here to challenge traditional business models and incite disruptive changes within the industry we operate!
- Passionate about technology and insurance
- Filled with energy
- Excellent communicator
- Solutions driven
Hepstar is a travel ancillary aggregator and recommendation engine focused on optimal and personalised packaging of ancillary products for customers of online travel providers. Its engine uses anonymous historical and empirical data collected from the travel booking process, including contextual and behavioural data of customers, in order to profile customers and respond with products that are relevant and have a higher probability of being purchased by different profiles. Its innovative merchandising techniques include combining travel insurance with value-added products and services to increase product value perception and address an industry synonymous with dwindling insurance conversion. The end result is a happy customer and a successful travel insurance ancillary programme for online travel providers and ancillary providers alike. With no geographical limitations, an existing footprint of insurance and other ancillary partners spanning the globe, Hepstar is the plug and play solution which can optimise revenue and fast-track data analytics of any travel provider’s ancillary programme, keeping them at the top of the online travel game.
If you are interested:
Send your CV to the Hepstar Team: