Hepstar is a Cape Town based travel-tech start-up that provides travel ancillary product hosting and recommendation software to airlines and other travel companies selling tickets online. Its recommendation engine increases product attachment rates and revenues during the travel booking process while ensuring customer receive relevant and personalised product offers.
Hepstar has been recognised for its pioneering software, not only in Africa but also across the world having been selected as part of the world’s largest accelerator program, Plug & Play in Silicon Valley. Hepstar is also a registered financial services provider and has launched its own travel insurance brand in South Africa.
Purpose of the role
The Project Manager will oversee and administer new product supplier and distributor partner on-boarding, as well as the implementation of products and related changes emanating from business development and optimisation functionaries. The Project Manager will communicate with external and internal project stakeholders to obtain information, establish business requirements, manage expectations and ensure actions are taken to ensure timely delivery of projects.
- Project scoping, planning and administration:
- Establish project scope, objectives and priority, obtaining all information necessary from relevant internal and external stakeholders, and maintaining records of same.
- Establish a project plan and identify the resources required to give effect thereto.
- Continuously monitor and track project progress, including changes to project scope and timelines.
- Internal and external communication:
- Communicate with internal and external project resources required to execute projects, including coordination, facilitation and documentation of meetings in relation to projects.
- Report to project stakeholders regarding the status of projects in order to manage expectations, as well as communicate any internal or external hurdles or dependencies experienced that may impact delivery timelines.
- Liaise with internal resources to ensure tasks are on track for timely delivery of projects and aligned to project scope.
- Continuously communicate current workload of implementation team to business stakeholders in order to assist with prioritisation discussions and decisions.
- Build and maintain knowledge of technical elements and requirements of the project to ensure more efficient and independent management of projects, as well as to understand resourcing requirements and capacity to deliver projects based on desired timelines.
Qualification, Experience and Skills
- Relevant degree (Project Management related qualification beneficial, but not required.)
- 1-3 years’ related experience beneficial, but not required.
- Proficient in English (spoken and written)
- Proficient in use of MS Office tools
- Patient and professional
- Passionate about technology
- Dynamic, energetic and resilient
If you are interested to join the team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.