The following document outlines your key responsibilities & duties inclusive of the skill set required. The list is not exhaustive. As your career progresses within Hepstar we will expect you to grow and develop in your role. Any major changes in your Job Description will be noted. Your Job Description combined with your Key Performance Areas/Indicators will provide you with a guide of your expected level of performance.
|Job title||Junior Accountant|
|Effective date||January / February 2021|
|Reporting into||Head of Finance|
Purpose of the role:
The Junior Accountant will assist the rest of the finance team with monthly reporting responsibilities. We are looking for someone with attention to detail and a willingness to learn.
- Setting up Invoicing/Remittance advices;
- Monthly bookkeeping;
- Month end financial reporting duties;
- Bank and other reconciliations;
- Setting up management accounts for review;
- Q&A Testing ;
- Assist with preparation of Annual Financial Statements and audit preparation documents;
- Cancellations/Refunds processing;
- Assist with Compliance;
- Client service responsibilities and queries;
- Project integration;
- Supplier payment management;
- Build client relationships;
- Debit Order transactions and administration;
- Other administrative tasks.
- Relevant degree/diploma in Accounting;
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Graduate or 0-24 months experience;
- Experience with Xero Accounting to your advantage.
- RSA residence
- Three-year degree /diploma with a major in Accounting.
Junior Accountant job characteristics:
- Technical ability in accounting;
- Hard worker;
- Good project and time management skills;
- Interest in technology and insurance;
- Willingness to grow and learn;
- Takes on challenges;
- Drive to excel in the commerce industry;
We look for individuals who are dynamic and hard working. We are here to challenge traditional business models and incite disruptive changes within the industry we operate!
- Passionate about technology and insurance
- Filled with energy
- Excellent communicator
- Solutions driven
- Likes to be challenged
- R144 000 – R168 000 cost to company, dependent on experience.
Hepstar is a B2B based technology company that focuses on travel ancillary revenue content aggregation and optimisation. Hepstar aggregates travel insurance and ancillary product content from various suppliers onto its platform and serves the content to its distribution partners through one simple integration. Hepstar also maximize its partners’ revenue through the use of its advanced proprietary tech, including data analysis, customer profiling, product personalisation, A/B and multi-variate testing, traffic splitting and dynamic marketing content management. Our value proposition is to maximize our partners’ ancillary revenue by enabling them to gain access to a one-stop shop of global ancillary product content and personalise these offerings to ensure relevancy to the customer and their needs. Hepstar was recognized as Insurtech100 company for 2 years in a row (2018 and 2019).
For more information on Hepstar:
Sales video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNPquMOPdko&t=57s
Hepstar Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6ClngX88FtRQuYT6hrwYaQ
If you are interested:
Send your CV to the Hepstar Team: